drank Almond Biscotti by Teavana

3 tsp., 500 ml. water, in the Breville.

It’s been a rainy, cloudy day today and I’m studying for the slew of finals that will be coming my way in the next few weeks. I needed something to perk me up, and I wanted something sweet and desserty, so I went for the cookie in a black tea option this afternoon.

This one has been finicky with it’s parameters, mostly because the tea gets astringent as it cools. I’ve got it in a thermos to try and avoid that this time around, and I’ve also got some sugar in it to really bring out the cookie flavor.

So far, so good – the aroma is like cookies hot out of the oven, and the taste is pleasantly cinnamon and almond, with the black tea flavor sneaking in at the end of the sip. If I manage to avoid the astringence toward the end of this cup, I’m thinking I’ll stick with these parameters for the last few cups I’ve got left.