So today was Thanksgiving, and my boyfriend and I handled the logistics of the meal for my mom’s family, which is like 20+ people. No small feat, and it was exhausting.

I had been planning to serve this iced for the meal, and in my perfect world everyone would have been clamoring for some and exclaiming over the nuances of cranberry and how well they complimented all the flavors of the dinner….

But I am a realist, and I know most of my family likes soda or beer or wine and so planned just to make enough for me, and my boyfriend, and my mom. It ended up being about a half gallon and we went through it all during dinner, which was perfect. The flavors worked GREAT – so much so that both my mom and boyfriend commented on it.

So, to summarize…this was a Thanksgiving WIN! I suppose I’ll have to make some more to enjoy with all the leftovers…which is fine by me!

Ninavampi

Yay! Congrats on pulling off a 20+ dinner and garnishing it with tea! : )

JoonSusanna

Thank you! It was all kinds of crazy but everything came together in the end and it was totally worth it! Do you have any huge feast holidays in Ecuador?

Ninavampi

Hmm… Not quite feast holidays, more like holidays that have a particular food related to it. We celebrate “Day of the Dead” early November with doll shaped breads (usually filled with jelly or dulce de leche) and Colada Morada (a sweet stew made out of berries and spices). We also celebrate Easter with a rich soup that is made out all sorts of grains and cream (which is tasty, but incredibly filling).

But, Thanksgiving is very different. My mom was born in the US so we celebrate it every year, since there isn’t vacation we do it Saturday! : ) Can’t wait!

Tabby

This tea is one of my favorites. So tasty. :)

Comments

Ninavampi

Yay! Congrats on pulling off a 20+ dinner and garnishing it with tea! : )

JoonSusanna

Tabby

This tea is one of my favorites. So tasty. :)

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: