drank Milk Oolong by thepuriTea

I got this sample when thePuritea was having their Cyber Monday sale. I’ve had it before, but I knew that this would be a new, fresh batch and I wanted to try it in the 2 cup samples so I would definitely get the amount of leaf right. Steeped the entire sample in 500 ml. of water at the below parameters in my Breville.

The liquor was a very light yellow once steeped, like I remember it being, but the smell is VERY different. I smelled grassy oolong, yes, but also strawberries and cream this time. The taste mirrors this – grassy and also lightly sweet, spun strawberry sugar or cotton candy-ish. Boyfriend gets popcorn – there is a nutty accent in the taste as well, so this could be what he’s picking up on. So very many nuances in this tea!

I understand why this is so popular – this has to be the closest thing to nature’s version of candy (besides sugar itself, of course!).

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Wow, this sounds heavenly. I purchased the new batch too. Can’t wait until this cold or whatever it is passes so that I can try it and truly appreciate its flavors.

Comments

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong