drank Gunpowder by thepuriTea

Entire sample steeped in 500 ml. of water in the Breville at below parameters.

This was a free sample that thePuritea included with my last order. I really liked the smell of this until the boyfriend mentioned it smelled like hamster food and then that was all I smelled, grrr. Once steeped the smell still lingers, but there is an additional hay-ish note in the taste. This is quite a brothy and savory tea.

It’s not necessarily minty, but its’ after taste is. By that I mean the mouth-cooling you get when you inhale after having mint is there, but the taste of mint is not. I can see why this is the base for Moroccan Mint – it exaggerates the cooling effects of the spearmint.

Honestly, I’m not too much of a fan of the tricks being played on my palate. It probably doesn’t help matters that I’m not the biggest fan of mint, either. It was nice to try, but I won’t be ordering more of it.