drank Dan Cong by thepuriTea

This is another of the samples that I ordered from thepuriTea. Steeped the entire sample in 500 ml. of water in my Breville at the below parameters.

The smell of this in the bag reminded me of the salt in the air by the ocean (grew up near the coast so this was actually very pleasantly nostalgic), combined with the sweetness of honey. The leaves were black, thin and spindly – much different from the rolled oolongs I’ve been seeing.

Once steeped, the smell of the tea is distinctly seaweedy and green, but as it cools, the honey shows back up in the scent. The taste is sort of green and vegetal, too. But the after taste is what sets the tea apart – a fruity, sweet note reminiscent of apricot. Its complexity is absolutely wonderful!

I think this is definitely up there with the milk oolong as far as my favorites from thepuriTea. If I should come into some Christmas money this is definitely on my shopping list!