drank Almond Biscotti by Teavana

I get a weekly newsletter from Golden Moon tea (their sampler is on my list of things to buy once I clear out my cabinet a little more) and yesterday the topic was making tea infused hot cocoa (!!).

I died a little, and then pulled up my cupboard on Steepster to assess which tea would pair the best. I settled on almond biscotti because I felt like a nutty hot chocolate would be a great flavor combination.

Anyway, so – recipe!

2 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tbsp. sugar (he recommended 3.5 but I’m not a fan of the super sweet, so I scaled back)
1 cup milk (I used whole, but 2% could work)
1 cup of prepared tea

Then you combine the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder until warm, add the tea until it simmers, whisk, pour into a cup, and serve.

This is AMAZING. Dark chocolate with nutty accents, just like I wanted it to be. I could see this working well with a coconut tea (mmmm, liquid almond joy) or even Hot cinnamon spice (for a spicy hot chocolate). And I will ration the remaining bit of this tea to be used in hot cocoa only – YUM!

Uniquity

I’m a huge fan of mint based hot chocolate/cocoa – But I’m a huge fan of mint in general too. :)