drank Dan Cong by thepuriTea

My 200th tasting note!

Before bed last night I did a quick 2nd steep of the leaves (at 8 minutes, doubling the length of time for the first steep) and set it in the fridge to enjoy with lunch today.

The flavor of this steeping is lighter (as is the liquor) and more floral, but the apricot/fruit taste is also more prominent throughout the sip, instead of just in the after taste. Despite such a long steeping time, there was no bitterness whatsoever. In fact, it’s quite refreshing like this – I would love having it iced in the summer, for sure.

I love this oolong, hands down, and definitely want to try more Dan Cong varietals. Does anyone have any recommendations?

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more
The DJBooth

Huzzah! on the bicentennial steep!

SimplyJenW

Congrats! Keep them coming!

Ninavampi

Yay!!! Congrats! 200 is a bunch! : )

Ninavampi

That means that you have drunk at the very very least, 200 cups of tea!

JoonSusanna