drank Red Robe by thepuriTea

I used the entire sample provided by thepuriTea in 500 ml. water in my Breville.

The scent and initial taste of the dry leaf was very strongly reminiscent of an earthy black tea, but it turns into more of a roasted green (genmaicha-ish) in scent and taste once steeped. I’m not really getting any other nuances in this infusion, but the boyfriend likes it enough to go another round so we’ll see what develops.

As it stands, this is a nice solid tea that would pair well with savory foods.

ETA: As the first steep cooled, there was a distinct nutty taste in the liquor – I was hoping that it would show up more in the second steep, but it did not. The second steep (at five minutes) was much like the first, with the exception of it being a little lighter in taste and texture. Overall I think that it wasn’t a bad tea, just not an overly complex one.