drank Dong Ding by thepuriTea

This is a very light, clean tea – I used the entire sample (which ended up being about 10 grams) of the tightly rolled green leaves in about 18 oz. of water at below parameters.

What I got was a pale yellow liquor with a creamy texture, and a spinachy taste and smell. Considering the amount of leaf used I can only imagine how light it would be if I used the 1-2 grams of leaf per cup that was recommended.

While it was a nice gentle tea – it was very straightforward in both taste and smell. I’m not really sensing any difference (besides the texture, I guess) between this and green teas. Is there something I’m missing?

Mercuryhime

depending on the oolong, it can taste more like green tea or more like black tea since oolong is something between the two in terms of oxidation. Also, if you keep resteeping, the subsequent steeps with have a stronger taste. Are you new to oolongs?

TeaBrat

Maybe it was kind of a boring oolong… :)

JoonSusanna

@Mercuryhime – I just resteeped this but if anything noticed a thinner mouthfeel than after my initial steep. I’m guessing it’s because I do such long steeps to get the strength of the tea just right for my tastes. But, yes, I am very new to oolongs – so far I prefer the milk and dan congs because they have a little more going on than some of the others I’ve tried.

@Amy oh – I think that boring is actually a pretty apt description. It’s not bad at all, it just would be better paired with food than as a stand alone.

TeaBrat

I really liked the dong ding by naivetea but their version is baked and aged a bit, i believe

Comments

Mercuryhime

TeaBrat

Maybe it was kind of a boring oolong… :)

JoonSusanna