4 tsp. to 500 ml. water, at the below parameters in my Breville. Taken without additives.

Today when I prepared this the leaves smelled slightly spicy – cinnamon-esque with some cocoa, too. It retained that aroma once steeped, and the dark brown liquor tasted exactly as it smelled. The mouthfeel was starchy and chewy – with light astringency at the finish.

I love this – it’s going to go on my shopping list, as will samples of the other Yunnan black teas offered by Teavivre.

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: