drank Cashew Turtle by 52teas

Day 2 of the 12 teas of Christmas…

Woohoo! This was another tea that I hadn’t tried yet! Steeped 2 tsp. tea in 500 ml. water in the Breville at below parameters.

Playing my “guess what it is before you look game” once again had me stumped; and this time the smell wasn’t remotely familiar so I at least knew I would be getting a blend I hadn’t had before. Once I knew what it was, the chocolate and caramel scents were more evident. At first it actually didn’t smell very good, but once I was aware of what I was smelling it became much more pleasant – and mouthwatering!

When drinking with additives, this did the same thing that the pancake breakfast tea does – it starts out tasting just like what it’s supposed to be, but then fades into just the tea taste. Luckily, just like the pancake breakfast tea, adding in milk and sugar brings the flavors back out, and then some. This is definitely like drinking a liquid chocolate turtle! The caramel and chocolate are equally present, with nutty notes from the cashew taking on more of a background note. The black tea is definitely there too, bringing out more of a dark chocolate taste than there would be otherwise. This is so decadent!

I will have to get more of this one – it ranks up there as one of my favorite 52teas blends for sure!