Free sample generously provided to me by Teavivre. Thanks so much!

Preparation notes: 5 heaping tsp. leaf to 500 ml. water in the Breville (side note: my beloved Brevi is 1 year old today!!) at the below parameters. No additives needed. I want to add here that one of my favorite things about the Teavivre samples are that the steeping parameters provided are bang on – a huge help to someone like me who just isn’t familiar/confident with the lighter teas.

Dry leaf: Fluffy white long skinny leaves – they are so soft and fuzzy! There is a very evident note of hay or grains in the smell.

Steeped tea: The tea brews up almost colorless – that’s how pale yellow it is. There is a faint aroma of hay or grass, which matches the taste. The sweet hay notes come out more as it cools.

This is a very quiet and soft tea – the way it tastes reminds me of watching a snowfall at night. Very refreshing and clean.

In general I am just learning about white teas and their flavor profiles, but I think I’ve established that their main taste characteristic is that of hay or straw. This is the second white I’ve tried from Teavivre, and it is so far my favorite of any that I’ve tried. I like how straightforward it is – sometimes you just want a tea to drink and appreciate without having to overthink it, and this is definitely in that category.