Happy new year everyone!!!

Free sample generously provided to me by Teavivre. Thanks so much!

Preparation notes: 3 heaping tsp. leaf to 500 ml. water steeped in my Breville at the below parameters.

Dry leaf: Thin dark green leaves – they remind me of dried blades of grass. The smell of the leaf is initially a kind of grassy smell that is quickly overtaken by smoke – cigarette smoke, to be specific. It reminds me of the Keemun I once tried (and really didn’t like) from Upton. I’m hoping this doesn’t carry over into the taste.

Steeped tea: The liquor is a light, bright green. Luckily that smoky scent is completely gone in the tea itself, replaced by a strong spinach aroma – it is very reminiscent of sencha to me which is a huge plus because I love sencha!

The taste of the tea is quite spinachy and sweet. There seems to be a slight astringent note in the taste as well, coming out more as the tea cools. It is sencha-like, but not as smooth a tea as the sencha can be.

Still, I love green teas, and this is no exception. It’s one of the more vegetal greens, so if that’s your thing, you will definitely love it!

Ninavampi