3 heaping tsp. of tea, 500 ml. water in the Breville at below parameters.

There is more smoke than I remember in both the smell and the taste of the steeped tea this time. The smoke is right at the beginning of the sip, and then the vegetal note takes over toward the end. It’s reminding me of smoked meats. I think that this would have been good with a savory meal.

I have enough tea to have a few more cups, so I’m curious to see whether this steep (with the smoky notes) or the previous one (which was much more green/spinachy), was the odd one out.