drank Sakurambo by Lupicia

This was another of the teas I got in my lucky bag – there will probably be quite a few Lupicia tasting notes from me over the next few days!

I received this in bagged form and was really excited about it because it was one of the teas I most wanted to try. The scent of the leaf once I tore open the package reminded me very much of how grenadine tastes, if that makes any sense. It was syrupy sweet smelling cherry, with some hints at tartness. I had to kind of hold the bag away from me otherwise the scent was overwhelming and hurt my head. The same thing happens when I get a strong scent of bergamot. I guess I’m just really sensitive to smells?

Anyway (thankfully!), like with the Earl Grey last night, the taste of the tea was not as strong as it’s fragrance. I’m drinking this with no additives, and am getting a sort of authentic, but mostly candied cherry taste quickly followed by black tea, before a sweet cherry note swoops in again in the aftertaste. The cherry flavoring also seems to have a vaguely spiced undertone – cinnamony/peppery or something. Interesting, for sure.

I am not as in love with this as I wanted to be, but I am glad I got to try it. Plus the tea bags are quite handy, so I will likely be taking them whenever portability is a must. :)