drank Ali Shan by thepuriTea

After my palate was…startled this morning with the pu er I decided to go with a lighter tea this afternoon to calm it back down a bit, and since I had just enough of this for a full cup, I put the leaves in a tea ball, heated the water to 180, and steeped at the below parameters.

Last time I had this I used 6 grams of leaf for 2 cups of tea, and got no real defining flavor from it. This time, I used 6 grams of leaf (my last of the sample) just for the one cup, to see if I could get any notes besides “greenish oolong”.

So far, nothing is sticking out besides a slightly salty, floral aroma. I will say the texture of the tea is very nice and creamy, though not as creamy as the milk oolong from thepuriTea. Also, the creaminess isn’t in the taste, just the mouthfeel. Yep, just getting floral with a vague grassy sweetness on the swallow.

I’m thinking overall that I just prefer darker oolong (mmm… dan cong) but I will give this a second steep and see if anything changes.

edit: Second steep was for about 6 minutes with slightly cooler water. The floral notes are really evident here – specifically jasmine, I think. Since I’m not the biggest fan of floral, I can’t say I’m particularly a fan. The mouthfeel is thinner, too. Meh. Today has not been my day for tea! :(