drank Paradise Green by Lupicia

Afternoon study break tea.

This is one of the bagged teas I scored from their Lucky bag. Initially I was worried about getting so many fruity green teas because generally I find I like my green teas plain, and the smell of the dry leaf didn’t do much to help my apprehension – it smells a lot like fruit juice, orange or pineapple mostly.

But once steeped that super fruity aroma turns into a green sencha-esque smell – the fabulous smell of steamed greens that I know and love. I was surprised at how much the scent changed in only two minutes.

Tastewise I get sencha with slight notes of pineapple. It’s really the only fruit that I pick up on and you know what? It really, really works. I’m pairing this with some strawberries and the two are PERFECT together. The flavoring doesn’t taste artificial at all, which is a huge plus. And it is perfect without additives, another bonus!

I could also see this as being really refreshing iced, so I will be sure to save some for just that purpose. Definitely one of the best I’ve had from the Lucky bag so far!