drank Jardin Sauvage by Lupicia

Another selection from the Lupicia lucky bag. I couldn’t decide between the Piccolo or this one tonight so I let the boyfriend do a blind smell test and this is the one he picked.

Green and red rooibos are both kind of uncharted territory for me. I’m think one of them has disagreed with me before, but I’ve never really bothered to figure out which one it was and so stayed away from them both. At least with Lupicia sending me one of each I can figure out my tastes a little more concretely!

Preparation notes: 6 ish grams of tea (about 3 tsp.) to 500 ml. water and steeped in the Breville at the below parameters. No additives used.

Dry leaf: The dry leaf was quite small with little bits of flowers (and bigger chunks of mango!) interspersed throughout. The smell was very fruity, specifically a lemon lime kind of note.

Steeped tea: The tea steeped up to a light orange color, which I wasn’t expecting for some reason. I guess I just assumed it would have more of a green tint to it.

Anyway, the smell is woody and citrus (lemon) sour – with mango coming last. Someone mentioned hot orange jello as what it tasted like and that is definitely what I’m getting. No astringence or aftertaste, just a sweet orange flavor that would be killer iced.

Not bad!

TeaBrat

I kind of liked this one myself.