drank Birthday Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Ok, so my faith in this tea has been at least temporarily restored. Somehow I did something right tonight and the tea really hit the spot: warm, vanillic comfort when I’m having anxiety about starting work. There’s nothing like sitting down with someone you love over a cup of tea, I think.
Oh, but I do have to say that my most recent experience with my cream of earl grey was rather tarnished by the fact that I had used bad cream! I only noticed it when I licked my finger after pouring the cream to tonight’s birthday cake tea, and quickly made another cup (thank god i hadn’t started brewing, or else I would have lost leaves). But yup, definitely a tea I think I’ll be happy to continue drinking and serving until it’s gone, and then the quest for a perfect strong vanilla tea continues.

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada