This is a back log from yesterday. I was actually going to log it yesterday, but ended up chatting to a dear friend forever on the phone and then sipped wine the rest of the evening. So you know, priorities, guy.

Anyway, this tea is wonderful. I’ll start with that. I’m a huge creamcicle fan, so I’m always looking for an authentic creamcicle flavour. Although this does not taste exactly like a hot creamcicle, it doesn’t have to, it’s just that good anyway. There are two things about it that don’t put it outright into creamcicleism. The first being the spices, which are absolutely detectable (perhaps light cinnamon, although it seems as though there’s more than that). Second because it has a tea base, which is obviously lacking in a real creamcicle. all that said, it’s an absolutely perfect cup of tea for a cold winter’s night, and I’m so excited that I have more to take with me to work in my timolino. I used a heaping table spoon (like the kind from my kitchen drawer), and steeped for about four minutes (no black tea should be steeped for two minutes in my opinion). Wonderful, wonderful cup of tea. I added a bit of cream and rock sugar, and it was creamy and had lots of vanilla, and much of the citrus could be detected in the swallow. definitely delicious, and i’ll be ordering more for sure. Yum yum!

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada