So I brewed this up in my timolino for work today when I couldn’t decide what to take. This tea was love at first sip for me, and it didn’t seem so complex so as to render it not-timolino-capable, which is the way I feel about some of my more nuanced teas.
Anyway. I used two teaspoons for about twelve oz of water, and as I sipped my tea, I couldn’t quite decide if I’d underleafed it or not, which was really strange. A few sips seemed potent and flavourful, while others seemed thin and a bit lackluster. I couldn’t for the life of me actually decide if I’d understeeped or not. So the verdict is that I still love the tea a great deal, but that I might need a bit more leaf next time I take this to work. Perhaps one David’s perfect teaspoon (which is rather large) and one of teavana’s (which I imagine is a fairly standard teaspoon as far as tealand is concerned). I hate fussing over how much extra leaf/time to give teas in my timolino!

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada