Well, I’m at work, and I have yet to write that blasted exam, so there are obviously things I should probably be doing other than writing tasting notes. But here I am, because I can’t stay away. You know, there’s something so cozy and familiar about steepster. I really enjoy reading all your tasting notes, so please do keep them coming. I love all of them—the long rambly ones, the emotional ones, the short ones just saying bletch or reaffirming love—it’s all great to read.

Like see here. I’m just reaffirming my love for this tea. Not really adding anything, except that it travels extremely well in the timolino, and it feels so well suited to the crisp winter weather outside. This tea smells so distinctly of Christmas and I really, really hope they’ll bring it back next year. I actually picked up 50 more g of this when I was at David’s yesterday, and am happy I did. Mr. Keychange also bought me one of the new, ice-blue, large timolinos! I’m waiting until after the exam to use it, because I love building anticipation into things like that. Yay new giant timolino!

Cavocorax

It’s my fav of the new ones. I want more too!
And we’re glad to have you on Steepster! :D I love this community.
Hope you rock that damn exam.

keychange

I want to set the exam on fire and never see it again. and minus my actually doing that next week, I’ll hopefully never have to see it again. and I love love love the new ice blue timolino! I have them in both sizes now! (which is kind of ridiculous but also very lovely and logical in my mind)

Comments

Cavocorax

It’s my fav of the new ones. I want more too!
And we’re glad to have you on Steepster! :D I love this community.
Hope you rock that damn exam.

keychange

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada