drank Movie Night by DAVIDsTEA

Backlog. I had this as a tea to go when i was at David’s tea while in Ottawa this week writing that stupid exam. anyway, I need not continue to express my intense hatred of it, it’s over. And until i get the results, everything relating to it falls squarely into the category of not my problem.

Anyway, I got this tea because I’d heard really good things about it on steepster, and also because I was accompanied by a friend who’s a bit of a health freak, so I felt implicitly pressured into picking a green tea. Because you know, I’m twelve years old and peer pressure and all that sort of thing. uggh.

So I should have known I wouldn’t like this tea, and I didn’t. It tastes as though a bag of popcorn was accidentally upset into it, and then for good measure, some angry spouse chucked a bottle of maple syrup across the room and some of it splashed into this cup as well. it resulted in a tea that honestly probably wouldn’t be bad if I didn’t mind the taste of maple popcorn in drinkable form, but the sad reality is that I obviously very clearly do. Popcorn is meant to be chewed by your teeth and then get stuck in them annoyingly LOL. So I’m not going to rate this tea, a) because I don’t seem to be rating them anyway; and b) I don’t like the concept, so I wouldn’t be a fair judge. It kind of reminds me of how some people, when reviewing a fragrance called, say, “Intense vanilla love” start their review by saying “I hate everything vanilla, and this perfume was vile. Don’t bother wasting your time on this!”
Seriously?
seriously.

Ok, bed time! I’m not writing very mature tasting notes at the moment haha.

TeaKlutz

I’d just like to say that I… understand the self-inflicted “grown-up peer pressure” thing. I have some very opinionated friends from college, and I still worry about what they’d say when I like certain things, watch certain movies, etc. Argh!

Roswell Strange

The blend for this was recently changed to add more maple flavour. I personally haven’t tried the new mix that has maple, but I have a nearly full tin of the old stuff which, from the sounds of it, is quite different. It’s very much like buttery popcorn with some light green apple type of taste to it. If you want, we could do a small swap or something and I could share some of what I have with you.

keychange

TeaKlutz, isn’t it annoying that we still “care” to this tday? and I wonder how much of it is really self-inflicted and how much of it is us genuinely picking up on their subtle judgements…
roswell, I’d be happy to send you some of the new kind, although I have to admit I’m not all that curious about the older version, as I don’t think I enjoy savoury teas all that much.

Comments

TeaKlutz

Roswell Strange

keychange

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada