drank Fantasy Island by DAVIDsTEA

I really don’t know why this tea isn’t more popular than it is. It can be subtle or strong depending on your preferences, and is a perfect combination of mostly coconut and a bit of sweet raspberry. Drinking this tea kind of makes me feel as though i should be on a Cuban beach, alternately wrestling with and submitting to the weight of my Western guilt. I lost track of how long I steeped it, but I don’t think this tea is at all fussy, which lends itself well to portability and such.
I’m finished the sample package, and will definitely restock when I’m at david’s tomorrow; the question remains, however: how much to get?

Anna

Well, if it throws you into a struggle with Western guilt, that might be your answer right there.

keychange

Cuba is a lovely place to visit…I’ll just take this tea with me next time. Guilt on its own is such a useless emotion, unless it can inspire some sort of change

Cuba is beautiful. <3

Roswell Strange

I have a sample package of this at home – can’t wait to try it based on all the positive reviews!

keychange

roswell, I actually thought this might be something you would like! It’s delicious!

Roswell Strange

I bought some because of *VariaTEA*’s reviews, but your reviews just make me want to try it even more on top of that :) Except, my sample is not one of the teas that made it into the bag I took to Regina – so it’ll be at least another 2 weeks before I get to try it.

VariaTEA

Yay!! I am glad I inspired you to try it Roswell Strange!! I hope you like it. I, like keychange, really like this one. It is such a tasty cup :)

Comments

Anna

Cuba is beautiful. <3

VariaTEA

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada