drank Paris by Harney & Sons

My alarm blared in my ear this morning, and my first thought was “oh no, I don’t want to go to work today.” and then i realized it was Sunday morning and not Monday morning, and I felt happy. But also a little unhappy because tomorrow morning is indeed Monday morning. I tend to have hermit tendencies at the best of times, but I find that during the winter months in particular, I seem to be in hyper hibernation mode, where I think I’d be perfectly content never leaving my house ever ever ever. I think i should be a bear. I have a shopping trip planned with some friends in a few hours, and although shopping is almost a guaranteed pick-me-up, the thought of just getting into normal people clothes and leaving the house is really annoying.

Sorry. You didn’t ask to read my boring diary. This tea!
I’m not sure if I’ve said this before, but this tea has acquired permanent collection status for me. I like the fact that there’s the mildest touch of bergamot here, and a creamy, honeyed vanilla sensation as well. I didn’t feel like fussing with a strainer and measuring leaves this morning, and a sachet of this still brews a perfect cup. I’m also going to try Tower of London, because I’m told that it’s different but similar, and I wonder which one I’ll like more. In that vein, I’d also like to go to Parris to see if this tea will indeed be evocative of Parris things. Yes, I’m articulate LOL.

VariaTEA

Haha keychange, I am the same way. If I had it my way I would just live in my comfy, cozy bed.

Courtney

Haha my alarm also blared this morning. Such a pain when we forget to turn it off Saturday night. I’m also a total homebody, I’d much rather be at home all day in my comfy sweats drinking tea. :P

keychange

I know! I hate having to be a functional adult sometimes. Some people really enjoy mingling with the world, and I do too, but not very often and only when I’m in the mood for it.

Courtney

I am a total introvert! We were just having this conversation the other day since my other half is a complete extrovert. Sometimes it’s a wonder how we make it work haha.

keychange

You should read “Quiet” by Susan Cane—it’s a really good book about introverts. I’m an introvert at heart, although I think I’m dressed in an extrovert’s clothing. I just find so much interaction to be exhausting, especially when it’s cold and miserable outside.

Courtney

I will add that to my reading list :) I am exactly the same with interaction. The holidays are always so exhausting for me. I just read this article actually http://www.nwedible.com/2013/12/introvert-christmas.html.

TheTeaFairy

Ditto Mama Bear Keychange, though I love winter, I also like to hibernate for a while :-) who needs to ever go out when there’s plenty of tea and books in ones house I ask???

Fjellrev

I am so ridiculously introverted too, and really value my alone time. I hope you can enjoy the rest of your weekend before the new week full of social interactions begins. :)

yyz

I’ve always been kind of both. Every time I do Myers Briggs I’m right on the line.

keychange

Yes, I tend to have a foot in either world, although based on preferences alone, I think I’m more introverted. ambivert! I’m all tuckered out now. Successful shopping trip!

tigress_al

Haha, normal people clothes, when my mom suggested that we meet for brunch this morning, the first thing I thought was “but that means I have to actually put nice clothes on”
Shopping sure does have a way to pick up the spirits though!

sherapop

I am planning to do a side-by-side steep-off of Paris with Tower of London soon! Perhaps you should join me?

keychange

Tigress, I know. getting out of pjs requires endless effort on my part. I could live in pjs. And sherapop, I’ll keep an eye out for that comparison; unfortunately, I don’t have ToL yet, so can’t join you, but plan on acquiring it soon.

caile

I just read that article, Courtney; it was good! There was also a link to a video with Susan Cane which was also excellent – I’ll have to check out her book, keychange – thanks for mentioning it!

keychange

The book by Susan Cane is such an excellent read; I hope you enjoy it as much as Mr. Keychange and I did (we read it together).

caile

:-) That’s so sweet that you read it together!

Comments

VariaTEA

TheTeaFairy

Fjellrev

yyz

tigress_al

Shopping sure does have a way to pick up the spirits though!

sherapop

caile

:-) That’s so sweet that you read it together!

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada