I was actually going to go to dt with a friend today (what? she wanted to buy a mug! I had nothing to do with it…), but she ended up cancelling (totally fine by me, obv), and so I came home and had this instead. Apart from the fact that I think I brewed it too long and thus getting a bit of sharpness or tartness that I didn’t like as much, it still yielded a comforting and refreshing cup of fresh blueberry essence. What was also neat was that I could taste the base tea and I’m always so pleasantly surprised when I can a) taste the base in flavoured blends; and b) when it works so harmoniously with the flavours. I didn’t have it with breakfast this morning, but could actually see myself having it with breakfast sometimes. Mmm, now I want blueberry waffles. But tonight, Mr. Keychange and I are going to bake iced sugar cookies (recipe courtesy of our very own josie jade!

Yvonne

I adore this tea – I find the blueberry very unique. Almost like drinking a jam.

Sorry to hear about your friend cancelling on you! At least you got to go home and have some delicious blueberry nectar instead. :)

keychange

That’s right—a silver lining for sure! and I’ll rope her into accompanying me soon enough, so it really wasn’t a big deal. Probably kept me from buying even more tea LOL. And I agree that this tea is unique.

Ana

I had this once as a tea-pop (I think they called it that..) over the summer and it was delicious.

Pandeme

This is one of absolute favorite teas! And for the reason you mentioned, I love that I can taste the base tea AND the blueberry and that they work so well together.

Comments

Yvonne

keychange

Ana

Pandeme

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada