This tea came to me from a place far, far away, and from the lovely Anna. You know the one: great hair, ziplock university, secret millionaire, very dear…

The scent of the dry leaf smells kind of like the inside of your trick-or-treat bag from Halloween. Or, you know, maybe that’s the smell of lychee. I must admit that I don’t tend to gravitate towards things of the lychee persuasion, so I tried this tea a bit cautiously. And I think I either brewed it wrong or I simply don’t like lychee. I gave it a four minute steep because that’s what I’ve done with all my other oolongs and they’ve come out delectable, but somehow this had very little flavour to it. remarkably, however, I could taste lychee lingering for like an hour after I was done sipping, although the taste of lychee wasn’t in the sip itself. Isn’t that so odd? Anyway, a most unusual tea, that’s for sure. I have enough left to try it again, and I may try a shorter steep time, but perhaps it’s just that I’m not a big lychee fan.

Thanks, Anna!! I’m so glad you introduced me to lupicia, because now I feel compelled to try Lupicia everything.

Anna

Yes! Let’s make it our mission to try Lupicia everything!

This one does linger a lot, and I am also on the fence about lychee – I’m really glad I’m not the only one. If I have to drink a lychee tea, though, it will definitely be this one.

In terms of flavour I really do recommend that you try to follow the 100C/boiling and 1.5-2 minute brewing instructions at least once for all the flavoured greens and oolongs (and, generally, blacks as well). For science!

keychange

Ok, for science. That’s what I’ll do with what I have left. Promise! and yes, operation try lupicia everything must continue.

Melon oolong. Try it. I dislike oolongs. I wanted to steal cavo’shalf of the bag she and Kittenna split.

keychange

oh god I have tried their melon oolong and I want piles and piles of it in my house forever and ever.

Anna

Everyone back away from the melon oolong. I repeat, back away from the oolong.

keychange

Ha! I want a melon oolong-flavoured life.

Anna

Maybe we can all organize a field trip to the Lupicia Tea Factory and you can go all Chocolate Factory on them and OOPS FELL INTO THE VAT OF MELON OOLONG MY MISTAKE JUST GONNA SWIM AROUND FOR A BIT KBYE.

Comments

Anna

Yes! Let’s make it our mission to try Lupicia everything!

Anna

Everyone back away from the melon oolong. I repeat, back away from the oolong.

keychange

Ha! I want a melon oolong-flavoured life.

Anna

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada