drank Valentines by Adagio Teas

I’ve put all my untried samples into two drawers in a small cabinet in my living room, and it’s so fun to reach into them and grab a sample at random. Thank you, starfevre, for so thoughtfully including this as a bonus in the package you sent me!

Actually, it’s good timing, because I’ve been toying with the possibility of creating my own blend on adagio’s website, but figured I was in way over my head a) because I know nothing about blending; and b) because I hadn’t tried a single adagio tea!

This tea is pretty much exactly what it purports to taste like. I would say, however, that even with milk and sugar added, the chocolate used here is certainly of the darker, almost but not quite bitter variety, and the strawberry makes a fleeting appearance at the end of the sip, but isn’t distinctly strawberry—it merely adds a slight tang. Because I’m not typically a fan of chocolate-covered strawberry-flavoured things, I can’t say that I’m a huge fan, but I found this tea to be an excellent Adagio introduction, and it was entirely pleasant and drinkable. It actually has me a little excited to try more of their teas at some point.

Thanks again, starfevre!
(speaking of starfevre, any news? I haven’t seen posts in a hwile)

Suziqzer

I haven’t seen any posts from starfevre for some time now. Looks like it’s been about 2 months since a tasting note. I hope everything’s ok!

Comments

Suziqzer

Well, it’s been slightly over six months since I’ve joined steepster, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about this community. Like many of you, I began my foray into the world of loose-leaf tea by discovering David’s Tea, and although I’ve ventured out and have discovered many other companies that I’m extremely fond of, there are still many of David’s teas that I hold close to my heart and I will always appreciate it as a starting point for my journey.

As for my preferences, I tend to prefer bold black tea, flavoured and unflavoured alike, and I almost always take my blacks with cream and sugar. This isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy a good, flavoured white though, and I’m slowly making my way through the incredibly confusing world of oolongs and greens. I am also not a fan of rooibos, although I am starting to suspect green rooibos may be ok, but you know how it is: when you’ve decided you detest a certain ingredient, you’ll notice it everywhere—perhaps even where it doesn’t exist!

Things other than tea: I’m engaged to be married to my best friend, and feel like the richest woman on the planet because of it. I am also a veracious reader, and I also happen to have an obsession with fragrances, and have amassed quite a collection, although it pales in comparison to some collections out there! As a result of this obsession, I also follow several fragrance blogs, and am always up for a chat about scent. I’m also almost completely blind, and this does indeed mean that I come complete with a guide dog, who unlike me, hales from the sunny California campus of Guide dogs for the Blind. I think I’ve rambled on long enough, but if there’s anything you’d like to know or if you just feel like chatting to someone, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Ontario, Canada