drank Oh Canada! by DAVIDsTEA

Time for dessert! I finally got my order in from David’s Tea. This tea smells fantaaaaaaastic. Mapley mapley goodness, plus adorable little maple leaf sprinkles and chunks of caramel and toffee. I love tea that’s tasty and fun.

When I visited Canada with my French class way back in high school we visited a maple syrup shop/diner where before dinner they (jokingly) told us to try maple syrup on everything. I did (and I mean everything) and never looked back.

The maple carries into the steeped tea with notes of caramel. The rooibos isn’t overpowering, the maple really stands out (which is what I was hoping for!) but doesn’t punch you in the face. This is super yummy and I can’t wait to try it iced with a bit of sugar added.

Edit:
Successful second steep, less maple this time and more rooibos. Still has that rich sweetness from the toffee and caramel though.

DaisyChubb

Yes! So much maple flavour in this tea – it’s loverly!
Which reminds me that I have a huge bottle of maple syrup in my cupboard just waiting to smother everything, thanks for the reminder! lol

Kiaharii

Nothing better than real maple syrup. :)

Too true!

Helena

Maple…mmmm…Maple…maple? I love maple :D I think I need some maple fudge now.. sigh or at least more Oh Canada :D

Comments

DaisyChubb

Yes! So much maple flavour in this tea – it’s loverly!

Kiaharii

Nothing better than real maple syrup. :)

Too true!

Helena

So many samples, so little time.

Currently a student, part-time student veterinary technician and full time tea lover.

You can also find me on tumblr here:

U.S.