drank White Tiger (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

In the mood for sweet, desserty teas right now, to replace the sweets I don’t have in my house. Mmmmm, and this hits the spot. Delicious hot blueberries. Yum.

Azzrian

Wow this sounds good … really sweet is it? May have to go on my wish list.

Kittenna

It’s not all that sweet actually, but there is a sweetness to it as opposed to a tartness. I imagine it would be wonderful with a bit of sweetener added, but I’m trying to avoid that. It really does taste like the hot blueberry from a blueberry muffin though, and if you like sweet blueberries, this one is great.

Azzrian

Did you say MUFFIN???? OMG I really want this – I went to the site – stuck it in my cart and have been looking at it for the last half hour. SIGH

Azzrian

Wish they had a discount code. lol that may push me over the edge.

Kittenna

Just to clarify, the tea does not have any muffiny flavour, I just feel like it tastes and smells like a hot, i.e. cooked blueberry, and a muffin is what came to mind. I’m not sure if DT ever has discount codes.

TassieTeaGirl

Azzrian – its my first DT love! It goes quite nicely with a bit of agave ( I find thats needed more when iced than hot). I like it as you can still taste the white tea, the other flavours compliment, they don’t overpower. If it helps, its quite a light tea, so you’ll get a bit for your buck when ordering (better than some matés or rooiboses).

Love the review Krystaleyn!

Kittenna

TassieTeaGirl Thanks, although this one’s not much of a review compared to my previous White Tiger one (I think)! And yes – it’s a light enough tea that they had to cram my 50g into my tin when I bought some at DT a couple weeks ago.

Azzrian

Oh thank you Krystaleyn! Good info to have. Im just in a sweet mood lately – in an my face sweet mood – that will only last for about a week though – then back to greens lol

Kittenna

I am in a sweet tea kick too! Which is why I’ve been hitting up the sweeter ones lately. Alpine Punch is really my favourite (so far) dessert tea as I find it to be sweet enough to kick dessert cravings (a bit). White Tiger isn’t quite at that level, but it’s still pretty amazing.

Comments

Azzrian

Wow this sounds good … really sweet is it? May have to go on my wish list.

Azzrian

Wish they had a discount code. lol that may push me over the edge.

TassieTeaGirl

Love the review Krystaleyn!

Kittenna

I have always been a tea fan (primarily herbals and Japanese greens/oolongs) but in the last year or so, tea has become increasingly more appealing as not only a delicious, calming drink, but as a relatively cheap, healthy reward or treat to give myself when I deserve something. I should clarify that, however; the reward is expanding my tea cupboard, not drinking tea – I place no restrictions on myself in terms of drinking anything from my cupboard as that would defeat my many goals!

My DavidsTea addiction was born in late 2011, despite having spent nearly a year intentionally avoiding their local mall location (but apparently it was just avoiding the inevitable!). I seem to have some desire to try every tea they’ve ever had, so much of my stash is from there, although I’ve recently branched out and ordered from numerous other companies.

I like to try and drink all my teas unaltered, as one of the main reasons I’m drinking tea other than for the flavour is to be healthy and increase my water intake without adding too many calories! I’ve found that the trick in this regard is to be very careful about steeping time, as most teas are quite pleasant to drink straight as long as they haven’t been oversteeped. However, I tend to be forgetful (particularly at work) when I don’t set a timer, resulting in a few horrors (The Earl’s Garden is not so pleasant after, say, 7+ minutes of steeping).

I’m currently trying to figure out which types of teas are my favourites. Herbals are no longer at the top; oolongs have thoroughly taken over that spot, with greens a reasonably close second. My preference is for straight versions of both, but I do love a good flavoured oolong (flavoured greens are really hit or miss for me). Herbals I do love iced/cold-brewed, but I drink few routinely (Mulberry Magic from DavidsTea being a notable exception). I’m learning to like straight black teas thanks to the chocolatey, malty, delicious Laoshan Black from Verdant Tea, and malty, caramelly flavoured blacks work for me, but I’m pretty picky about anything with astringency. Lately I’ve found red rooibos to be rather medicinal, which I dislike, but green rooibos and honeybush blends are tolerable. I haven’t explored pu’erh, mate, or guayasa a great deal (although I have a few options in my cupboard).

I’ve decided to institute a rating system so my ratings will be more consistent. Following the smiley/frowny faces Steepster gives us:

100: This tea is amazing and I will go out of my way to keep it in stock.

85-99: My core collection (or a tea that would be, if I was allowing myself to restock everything!) Teas I get cravings for, and drink often.

75-84: Good but not amazing; I might keep these in stock sparingly depending on current preferences.

67-74: Not bad, I’ll happily finish what I have but probably won’t ever buy it again as there’s likely something rated more highly that I prefer.

51-66: Drinkable and maybe has some aspect that I like, but not really worth picking up again.

34-50: Not for me, but I can see why others might like it. I’ll make it through the cup and maybe experiment with the rest to get rid of it.

0-33: It’s a struggle to get through the cup, if I do at all. I will not willingly consume this one again, and will attempt to get rid of the rest of the tea if I have any left.