drank Buttercream by DAVIDsTEA

Blaahhhhh, I wish I had 100g of this one! This is my second-last cup of it, and I’m worried that I’ll miss it quite a bit once it’s gone! :( So, so, so, sooooooo good! And very tolerant to random steeping parameters. I paid no attention to anything today (just that it wasn’t boiling water, and didn’t steep for like 10+ minutes), and it’s just as delicious as before.

Interesting, just read a previous tasting note of mine, and I suggested a comparison to Whisky White. Forgot I had that tea! Maybe I’ll have it tonight as well…

momo

I always see people asking about this one on their Facebook page, they need to bring it back. I’d give you some of what I have but it’s a pretty limited quantity as is :(

Kittenna

Awww, no worries! I’m just hoping there’s someone out there who has like, a 50g bag of it and doesn’t like it…. hahahaha. A lot of people seem to want it to come back (for obvious reasons), I wish they would!

tigress_al

Ya, I was sad that it didn’t come back this fall :(

KittyLovesTea

I managed to get 25g pack of this one and after being a little 50/50 about trying it your comments have swayed me to try it sooner rather than later. We don’t have butter cream here so I will have no idea if it tastes like what it’s called. :(

Kittenna

Yes, you should try it! If by chance you dislike it…. :D :D (I also see you just reviewed Copabanana?! That’s another on my to-try list!)

PatchworkSheep

I have about half my 25g bag from last fall left. I really wasn’t a fan of this one, and there’s probably enough left for a few bags. I don’t mind giving it up if you want it; it’s just going to go to waste at my place!

PatchworkSheep

*a few glasses. not bags, haha.

Kittenna

Oh my goodness, that would be awesome!! I have all sorts of things to offer in return if you are interested :D

Comments

momo

tigress_al

Ya, I was sad that it didn’t come back this fall :(

KittyLovesTea

PatchworkSheep

*a few glasses. not bags, haha.

Kittenna

I have always been a tea fan (primarily herbals and Japanese greens/oolongs) but in the last year or so, tea has become increasingly more appealing as not only a delicious, calming drink, but as a relatively cheap, healthy reward or treat to give myself when I deserve something. I should clarify that, however; the reward is expanding my tea cupboard, not drinking tea – I place no restrictions on myself in terms of drinking anything from my cupboard as that would defeat my many goals!

My DavidsTea addiction was born in late 2011, despite having spent nearly a year intentionally avoiding their local mall location (but apparently it was just avoiding the inevitable!). I seem to have some desire to try every tea they’ve ever had, so much of my stash is from there, although I’ve recently branched out and ordered from numerous other companies.

I like to try and drink all my teas unaltered, as one of the main reasons I’m drinking tea other than for the flavour is to be healthy and increase my water intake without adding too many calories! I’ve found that the trick in this regard is to be very careful about steeping time, as most teas are quite pleasant to drink straight as long as they haven’t been oversteeped. However, I tend to be forgetful (particularly at work) when I don’t set a timer, resulting in a few horrors (The Earl’s Garden is not so pleasant after, say, 7+ minutes of steeping).

I’m currently trying to figure out which types of teas are my favourites. Herbals are no longer at the top; oolongs have thoroughly taken over that spot, with greens a reasonably close second. My preference is for straight versions of both, but I do love a good flavoured oolong (flavoured greens are really hit or miss for me). Herbals I do love iced/cold-brewed, but I drink few routinely (Mulberry Magic from DavidsTea being a notable exception). I’m learning to like straight black teas thanks to the chocolatey, malty, delicious Laoshan Black from Verdant Tea, and malty, caramelly flavoured blacks work for me, but I’m pretty picky about anything with astringency. Lately I’ve found red rooibos to be rather medicinal, which I dislike, but green rooibos and honeybush blends are tolerable. I haven’t explored pu’erh, mate, or guayasa a great deal (although I have a few options in my cupboard).

I’ve decided to institute a rating system so my ratings will be more consistent. Following the smiley/frowny faces Steepster gives us:

100: This tea is amazing and I will go out of my way to keep it in stock.

85-99: My core collection (or a tea that would be, if I was allowing myself to restock everything!) Teas I get cravings for, and drink often.

75-84: Good but not amazing; I might keep these in stock sparingly depending on current preferences.

67-74: Not bad, I’ll happily finish what I have but probably won’t ever buy it again as there’s likely something rated more highly that I prefer.

51-66: Drinkable and maybe has some aspect that I like, but not really worth picking up again.

34-50: Not for me, but I can see why others might like it. I’ll make it through the cup and maybe experiment with the rest to get rid of it.

0-33: It’s a struggle to get through the cup, if I do at all. I will not willingly consume this one again, and will attempt to get rid of the rest of the tea if I have any left.