drank Graveyard Mist by 52teas

Ook. I ordered this one kind of on a whim, thinking that perhaps marshmallow creaminess would make me like mint, but unfortunately no. I really, really dislike this tea; it tastes far too much like mouthwash/toothpaste for me. I tried sweetening it, and it didn’t help at all; I let it sit to chill (ok, I couldn’t face taking it to work nor bear dumping it out, so I poured it into a different mug and left it sitting on the counter while I was at work tonight) and it’s marginally better… tastes much like a liquefied spearmint candy, but with an odd flavour that I’m really not enjoying.

My roommate only tasted this post-sweetening, and it was way too sweet for her, so I’ll let her try it unsweetened before attempting to rid myself of this tea. Unfortunate purchase for me, but luckily it’s well-liked by most everyone else, so I expect someone may want it!

No rating because, well, it’s mint, and I really shouldn’t have ordered this one, it just sounded so good…

Now I’m glad I didn’t order this. I was tempted but then saw the mint. I don’t hate mint, but I’m pretty particular about it.

tattooed_tea

If you decide to swap this out, I would love to try it.

Kittenna

tattooed_tea – I probably will! No swapping for me for a bit though, I think, I’m just too busy. However, sometime in the future!!

Do you still have any of this left? My packet is almost gone! :/

Kittenna

Awww, sorry Indigobloom – I left my whole package with my mom at Christmas. She really likes it! :(

Indigobloom

no worries! I’m happy it has a good home! :)

Comments

tattooed_tea

If you decide to swap this out, I would love to try it.

Do you still have any of this left? My packet is almost gone! :/

Indigobloom

no worries! I’m happy it has a good home! :)

I have always been a tea fan (primarily herbals and Japanese greens/oolongs) but in the last year or so, tea has become increasingly more appealing as not only a delicious, calming drink, but as a relatively cheap, healthy reward or treat to give myself when I deserve something. I should clarify that, however; the reward is expanding my tea cupboard, not drinking tea – I place no restrictions on myself in terms of drinking anything from my cupboard as that would defeat my many goals!

My DavidsTea addiction was born in late 2011, despite having spent nearly a year intentionally avoiding their local mall location (but apparently it was just avoiding the inevitable!). I seem to have some desire to try every tea they’ve ever had, so much of my stash is from there, although I’ve recently branched out and ordered from numerous other companies.

I like to try and drink all my teas unaltered, as one of the main reasons I’m drinking tea other than for the flavour is to be healthy and increase my water intake without adding too many calories! I’ve found that the trick in this regard is to be very careful about steeping time, as most teas are quite pleasant to drink straight as long as they haven’t been oversteeped. However, I tend to be forgetful (particularly at work) when I don’t set a timer, resulting in a few horrors (The Earl’s Garden is not so pleasant after, say, 7+ minutes of steeping).

I’m currently trying to figure out which types of teas are my favourites. Herbals are no longer at the top; oolongs have thoroughly taken over that spot, with greens a reasonably close second. My preference is for straight versions of both, but I do love a good flavoured oolong (flavoured greens are really hit or miss for me). Herbals I do love iced/cold-brewed, but I drink few routinely (Mulberry Magic from DavidsTea being a notable exception). I’m learning to like straight black teas thanks to the chocolatey, malty, delicious Laoshan Black from Verdant Tea, and malty, caramelly flavoured blacks work for me, but I’m pretty picky about anything with astringency. Lately I’ve found red rooibos to be rather medicinal, which I dislike, but green rooibos and honeybush blends are tolerable. I haven’t explored pu’erh, mate, or guayasa a great deal (although I have a few options in my cupboard).

I’ve decided to institute a rating system so my ratings will be more consistent. Following the smiley/frowny faces Steepster gives us:

100: This tea is amazing and I will go out of my way to keep it in stock.

85-99: My core collection (or a tea that would be, if I was allowing myself to restock everything!) Teas I get cravings for, and drink often.

75-84: Good but not amazing; I might keep these in stock sparingly depending on current preferences.

67-74: Not bad, I’ll happily finish what I have but probably won’t ever buy it again as there’s likely something rated more highly that I prefer.

51-66: Drinkable and maybe has some aspect that I like, but not really worth picking up again.

34-50: Not for me, but I can see why others might like it. I’ll make it through the cup and maybe experiment with the rest to get rid of it.

0-33: It’s a struggle to get through the cup, if I do at all. I will not willingly consume this one again, and will attempt to get rid of the rest of the tea if I have any left.