Thanks to Stephanie for the sample. (:
This smells nice and pineapple-y. Tastes really weak to me because of the white tea base. (I almost always find it hard to drink white tea, because it tastes weak and very flat to me. Too mild, too gentle.) Still, I can tell this is a lovely blend. Crisp and creamy and refreshing all at the same time. I’m inclined to think it might be better cold brewed? I might try that with the rest of the sample I have! I really do enjoy the taste but I wish it had a little more “oomph.” Sadly my palate isn’t accustomed to white teas. I’ll refrain from rating for that reason. But if you do like white teas, you should definitely get this. Love the flavor but I wish it was much stronger.

Stephanie

Glad you sort-of liked it. I thought it was a fun one to try, but definitely not something I’d drink all the time!

kimquat

I agree! I would drink it if offered but I certainly can’t see myself wanting it often. I might enjoy it more with a green tea base.

Comments

Stephanie

kimquat

I am still relatively new to loose leaf, as I have only been drinking it since 2013. I’m amazed at how much my tastes have changed just over the past year. I have met such lovely, kind individuals on Steepster and am so glad to have become a part of this community.

Pure black teas are my favorite. I drink black tea daily and I try to keep a variety on hand. I also enjoy white tea, puerh, and the occasional oolong. Matcha is something that I love though I haven’t tried a large variety. The very good matcha that I’ve had is quite expensive. In general I try to stay away from flavored teas—especially those with artificial flavorings—but I will make rare exceptions, and I do enjoy a well crafted blend of straight teas. Things I (usually) don’t like: green oolongs, rooibos, straight green teas.

Rating System
90+ The very best! Teas that I always need in my cupboard!
85-89 Teas that I enjoy immensely and will try to keep around.
80-84 Makes a very pleasing cup. I will enjoy drinking them, but won’t necessarily try to keep around. (There are exceptions.)
70-79 Decent, but could be better.
60-69 Mediocre.
40-59 Gross. I might still try to finish the cup.
39 & under Undrinkable. I probably dumped this cup. Depending on the specific rating, I probably threw the rest of the tea out as well.

Some of my favorite tea companies are:
-Whispering Pines Tea Co.
-Verdant Tea