The only way I can think to describe it: damp leaves, freshly picked berries still lightly coated with dirt, earth, and cream. I find it a bit hard to explain. Fruity, mellow, while still dark and earthy. Tastes faintly of sweet bread. Tends towards delicate. Not so much in-your-face. A lady pu-erh. Gosh, I realize I’ve been putting off writing a note because I didn’t think I would do it justice. I still don’t think I have. Probably my favorite from Mandala and my special occasion tea for sure.

ooooOOOOOoooo!

kimquat

I distinctly remember that the first time I brewed a cup, I took a sip and my eyes went wide. “Wow.” Then I took another sip right after. "Wooooowwwww." It was love.

Stephanie

I think I’m going to have to order this one too, hahaha! All the reviews make it sound so delish :)

Garret

Yay! I am so glad I bought all of this when I had the opportunity in 2009. It is aging nicely and several of the restaurants/tea and coffeehouses we sell to do very well with this tea. I’m so happy you enjoy it. And thank you for writing about it, my friend!

Comments

Stephanie

ooooOOOOOoooo!

kimquat

Garret

Student. Designer. Tea lover.

Likes: Unflavored Oolong, Black, Pu’erh, Green

Dislikes: White, Rooibos, Herbal, (heavily) flavored blends