I’m not very sure how to describe this one. There’s a brightness to this tea in both color and aroma. I definitely taste rich, fruity olive notes. Honey, but sparkling and lively, rather than sweet. In that respect it reminds me of Butiki’s Mi Xian Black. Leafhopper taste. In the second steep, the olive and honey notes intensify and gain more resonance. It’s much more SAVORY and nutty, while still remaining a relatively light-bodied tea. At the end of the cup I’m left with an intriguing hint of spice and sweetness. VERY good. Third steep…the honey sweetness explodes across my tongue like fireworks, and the meaty coconut taste steps forward. WHOA. I keep burning myself trying to sip the too-hot liquid. (: Still relatively light, not heavy or filling. Very pleasant sweet fruity aftertaste. Fruity creamy nutty. Wow. I’m seriously regretting not adding more this to the order I placed not half an hour ago. Many thanks for the sample!! I’ll probably steep this until there’s no flavor left. It was the last of the 7g that I had. ):

teamore

Great review :)

Comments

teamore

Great review :)

I have been drinking tea all of my life, but I have only been drinking loose leaf since 2013. It has been a journey! I’m amazed at how much my tastes have changed just over the past year. I have met such lovely, sweet individuals on Steepster and am so glad to have become a part of this community.

My cupboard is reflective of the teas I have on-hand. (Though, of course, not quantities.) I’m always up for swaps so if you want to trade teas just send me a message!

I love, love love pure black teas. Definitely my favorite. I also quite enjoy white teas, puerh, and darker/roasted oolongs. Matcha is a secret love that I neglect too often. I try to stay away from flavored teas, but I do enjoy a well crafted blend. I drink dessert teas on occasion—usually when I’m craving something sweet. It’s a mood-driven decision. Things I (usually) don’t like: green oolongs, rooibos, artificially flavored teas, straight greens.

Rating System
90+ The very best! Teas that I always need in my cupboard!
85-89 Teas that I enjoy immensely and will try to keep around.
80-84 Makes a very pleasing cup. I will enjoy drinking them, but won’t necessarily try to keep around. (There are exceptions.)
70-79 Decent, but could be better.
60-69 Mediocre.
40-59 Gross. I might still try to finish the cup.
39 & under Undrinkable. I probably dumped this cup. Depending on the specific rating, I probably threw the rest of the tea out as well. It’s basically me saying “I hate it” with varying intensity and inflection.

Some of my favorite tea companies are:
-Whispering Pines Tea Co.
-Verdant Tea