This isn’t bad. I’m getting a light coconut flavor in the background (which tastes more like coconut creme pie—artificial coconut flavor—than actual coconut, let’s be honest). At the forefront there’s white chocolate, a creamy, thick flavor that reminds me of chocolate mousse. They work very well with the tea base. I’m tasting more green and white tea than anything else. It’s smooth, the way the flavors meld, though there is a touch of astringency at the end of each sip. (Might have been my fault because I goofed the water temperature.) I’m actually surprised by how much I enjoyed this. I’m not sure I would buy it again, but I can see myself reaching for it when I’m craving something desserty and can’t bring myself to drink the other teas I’m scrimping and saving.

Thanks for the sample marzipan!

I have been drinking tea all of my life, but I have only been drinking loose leaf since 2013. It has been a journey! I’m amazed at how much my tastes have changed just over the past year. I have met such lovely, sweet individuals on Steepster and am so glad to have become a part of this community.

My cupboard is reflective of the teas I have on-hand. (Though, of course, not quantities.) I’m always up for swaps so if you want to trade teas just send me a message!

I love, love love pure black teas. Definitely my favorite. I also quite enjoy white teas, puerh, and darker/roasted oolongs. Matcha is a secret love that I neglect too often. I try to stay away from flavored teas, but I do enjoy a well crafted blend. I drink dessert teas on occasion—usually when I’m craving something sweet. It’s a mood-driven decision. Things I (usually) don’t like: green oolongs, rooibos, artificially flavored teas, straight greens.

Rating System
90+ The very best! Teas that I always need in my cupboard!
85-89 Teas that I enjoy immensely and will try to keep around.
80-84 Makes a very pleasing cup. I will enjoy drinking them, but won’t necessarily try to keep around. (There are exceptions.)
70-79 Decent, but could be better.
60-69 Mediocre.
40-59 Gross. I might still try to finish the cup.
39 & under Undrinkable. I probably dumped this cup. Depending on the specific rating, I probably threw the rest of the tea out as well. It’s basically me saying “I hate it” with varying intensity and inflection.

Some of my favorite tea companies are:
-Whispering Pines Tea Co.
-Verdant Tea