My WPT package came in today and the first thing I did was open and smell EVERYTHING. I probably looked like a crazy person, huffing tea. I have a keen sense of smell and I swear I caught a buzz haha. After a moment’s deliberation this is the one I chose to try first.

It is smooth, smooth, silky smooth. It opens with notes of sweet vanilla and evergreen trees. There’s the gentle touch of warm spices, like a lover’s fingers on the back of your hand. It’s light and soothing; perfectly balanced. The texture of the liquid is velvety. After the spice I notice a buttery, honeyed flavor coming from the base tea. (I think the comparison to chocolate-filled croissants is appropriate here.) It’s like flaky, buttery croissants kissed by chocolate malt! It’s not an overwhelming flavor—it melds with everything else very nicely—but it washes over your tongue with honey, malt and baked goodness. Seriously, soooo good. I rushed to make another cup as soon as the first was empty. For me, resteep value is a good indicator of quality chai. (If the second steep of any tea doesn’t compare to the first, it seems a waste.)

Aaaand it’s still as good as the first cup! I’m in HEAVEN! Melting butter, stronger chocolate notes, vanilla and honey, spice still there! I love this! It’s wonderfully balanced. It’s everything I want, everything I need in a chai. This is perfection.

Brenden you are seriously awesome.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cedar, Chocolate, Creamy, Honey, Pine, Smooth, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

kimquat

I leave for work in fifteen minutes, and I literally walked over to my housemate’s front door JUST to make her try this tea. She wasn’t there. So I made her husband try this tea.

And he liked it.
:D

Marzipan

Do you make yours with milk on the stove?

kimquat

No. I drink my chai straight without milk.
I prefer it that way, unless it’s not that good..then I use the stovetop method and sweeten it a LOT.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Hahaha, I love those times where you just MUST share tea with someone :D

Cameron B.

I always open and smell everything when I get a tea order! :D We’re huffers!

Me too! She missed out. (:

If you can’t try EVERYTHING in one day, might as well smell all of it, right? It’s all in the nose! Third steep STILL delicious, by the way. This is the best day ever.

MzPriss

Cries because mine isn’t here yet…

boychik

I cannot wait
Excellent review!

TheTeaFairy

This sounds amazing…I join MzPriss for the cry of the century…

Right???? I NEEEEED it

Dexter

(Mine isn’t here either – oh wait I didn’t order this one, but I did get the chocolate chai – does that count?)

totally counts

TheTeaFairy

… And you know I’ll put some in your next box :-)

Dexter

LOL of course you will – did I not JUST get a box from you with a bunch of WP samples….

TheTeaFairy

Yes, but this one is a must,..I can feel it. (From afar at Customs)

Cathy Zheng

Now I definitely have to try WP

Comments

kimquat

And he liked it.
:D

Marzipan

Do you make yours with milk on the stove?

kimquat

No. I drink my chai straight without milk.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Hahaha, I love those times where you just MUST share tea with someone :D

Cameron B.

I always open and smell everything when I get a tea order! :D We’re huffers!

Me too! She missed out. (:

MzPriss

Cries because mine isn’t here yet…

boychik

I cannot wait
Excellent review!

TheTeaFairy

This sounds amazing…I join MzPriss for the cry of the century…

Right???? I NEEEEED it

totally counts

TheTeaFairy

… And you know I’ll put some in your next box :-)

TheTeaFairy

Yes, but this one is a must,..I can feel it. (From afar at Customs)

Cathy Zheng

Now I definitely have to try WP

I have been drinking tea all of my life, but I have only been drinking loose leaf since 2013. It has been a journey! I’m amazed at how much my tastes have changed just over the past year. I have met such lovely, sweet individuals on Steepster and am so glad to have become a part of this community.

My cupboard is reflective of the teas I have on-hand. (Though, of course, not quantities.) I’m always up for swaps so if you want to trade teas just send me a message!

I love, love love pure black teas. Definitely my favorite. I also quite enjoy white teas, puerh, and darker/roasted oolongs. Matcha is a secret love that I neglect too often. I try to stay away from flavored teas, but I do enjoy a well crafted blend. I drink dessert teas on occasion—usually when I’m craving something sweet. It’s a mood-driven decision. Things I (usually) don’t like: green oolongs, rooibos, artificially flavored teas, straight greens.

Rating System
90+ The very best! Teas that I always need in my cupboard!
85-89 Teas that I enjoy immensely and will try to keep around.
80-84 Makes a very pleasing cup. I will enjoy drinking them, but won’t necessarily try to keep around. (There are exceptions.)
70-79 Decent, but could be better.
60-69 Mediocre.
40-59 Gross. I might still try to finish the cup.
39 & under Undrinkable. I probably dumped this cup. Depending on the specific rating, I probably threw the rest of the tea out as well. It’s basically me saying “I hate it” with varying intensity and inflection.

Some of my favorite tea companies are:
-Whispering Pines Tea Co.
-Verdant Tea