First note for the new blend! MM has been pushed to a whole new level of delicious. Each element is in harmonious balance. Sweet lemongrass and spearmint are at the front of each sip, refreshing and calming. The “greener” flavors are tempered by a subtle undercurrent of berry. (Berry, to me, is almost always a red-purple flavor.) The base tea of the new blend is more subdued than the old. It’s not as smoky; the smokiness is only a small element. The Keemun base is all honey, graham cracker and toasted marshmallow. There’s no astringency. It’s touched by woodsmoke, silky and smooth. It’s lovely! Drinking this tea takes me to a place far from here: standing by a smoldering campfire in the early morning light, breathing in the cool misty air with the sounds of the forest all around me. I raise my head to watch the brightening sky when drops of gentle rain begin to fall…

Review for the old version is here:

Flavors: Berry, Graham Cracker, Honey, Lemongrass, Marshmallow, Mint, Smoke, Smooth, Wood

TheTeaFairy

This was such a lovely review :-)

kimquat

Aww, thank you! (: I’m glad someone enjoys reading them.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

This was such a lovely review :-)

kimquat

Aww, thank you! (: I’m glad someone enjoys reading them.

I have been drinking tea all of my life, but I have only been drinking loose leaf since 2013. It has been a journey! I’m amazed at how much my tastes have changed just over the past year. I have met such lovely, sweet individuals on Steepster and am so glad to have become a part of this community.

My cupboard is reflective of the teas I have on-hand. (Though, of course, not quantities.) I’m always up for swaps so if you want to trade teas just send me a message!

I love, love love pure black teas. Definitely my favorite. I also quite enjoy white teas, puerh, and darker/roasted oolongs. Matcha is a secret love that I neglect too often. I try to stay away from flavored teas, but I do enjoy a well crafted blend. I drink dessert teas on occasion—usually when I’m craving something sweet. It’s a mood-driven decision. Things I (usually) don’t like: green oolongs, rooibos, artificially flavored teas, straight greens.

Rating System
90+ The very best! Teas that I always need in my cupboard!
85-89 Teas that I enjoy immensely and will try to keep around.
80-84 Makes a very pleasing cup. I will enjoy drinking them, but won’t necessarily try to keep around. (There are exceptions.)
70-79 Decent, but could be better.
60-69 Mediocre.
40-59 Gross. I might still try to finish the cup.
39 & under Undrinkable. I probably dumped this cup. Depending on the specific rating, I probably threw the rest of the tea out as well. It’s basically me saying “I hate it” with varying intensity and inflection.

Some of my favorite tea companies are:
-Whispering Pines Tea Co.
-Verdant Tea