drank Wuyi Da Hong Pao by Adagio Teas

The dry tea smells like raisins with a hint of plum. Steeped the leaves smell like Chili, more specifically turkey chili from hormel. The taste is kind of boring, there is a little smokeyness to it with a little bit of the raisin taste. It is mostly boring to me.

Autumn Hearth

This is a rather boring Da Hong Pao, but don’t give up on Big Red Robe, they can be sooo full of flavor! When Verdant’s comes back in stock you should order a sample as well as every one of their shu’s, great intro to pu’erh (I just read your profile).

Matt

I actually had been planing on getting that one from Verdant when they had it but waited too long and missed out. On the plus side I just placed an order for a sample of almost every one of Verdant’s teas so I don’t miss out again.

Will do/ am right now

Comments

Autumn Hearth

Will do/ am right now

Well, to start, my name is Matt. I got into loose leaf tea my sophomore year in college. I was drinking some lipton tea in my room when I started thinking to myself that there has to be something more then just bagged tea. So I decided to do a web search and found out about loose leaf (you would think that this would have been an obvious thing but surprisingly it was not). I stumbled across a local tea cafe called Argo tea and decided to try it out. Long story short, I fell in love. From this one store I have started to branch out to all different types of tea from several different stores.

My favorit tea is very hard to choose since I like pretty much everything there is that I have tried. I have recently started getting into pu’erh teas, which is getting to be interesting. I am always looking for new a greater tastes when it comes to tea and am trying to better express my experiences with tea.

Aside from tea I am an actor in the Chicago area. I do mostly theatre and various film projects through out the Midwest. I recently started doing Voiceover work, which I have to say is very fun and easy going.

My number ratings are more random then anything. Since I have no idea half the time when I move the slider on the happy face meter what number will be showing up.

Chicago, IL, USA