I really want to like this one. But… so far it’s not doing it for me. I’m so sad about it. It’s ok, but I am not getting much flavor from it. It’s a nice black tea with something. I don’t taste butter, I don’t taste toast, I might taste something slightly raisiny, and maybe there is a touch of cinnamon. Is it possible that the re-blend is not as good??

Maybe my mistake is that I actually had buttered cinnamon raisin toast last week from freshly homemade cinnamon swirl raisin bread? The flavors are fresh in my head.

The dried leaves smell like pez (in case you don’t know what I am talking about – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pez). And I am getting the pez flavor in the finish when I am drinking it.

Update – it’s definitely better with some soy creamer, but the flavor profile didn’t really change much.

Update 2 – .. and down the drain. Bleah. Can’t finish it.

~lauren.

LOL – one of my kiddies went through a stage this winter where every tea I gave her from Teavana reminded her of Pez! You just reminded me of those moments with your post :)

__Morgana__

Hahaha. Pez. I have yet to smell that in a tea, but though I am not very strong with the force I’m strong with the power of suggestion. I now have to tell myself not to think of sawdust when I drink rooibos, and soon I’ll be tasting Pez, I just know it.

Kristin

I had my husband smell the bag of tea last night and he didn’t think pez, he was thinking of some candy from his Halloween candy bag from when he was a kid (he couldn’t remember which one). But, in any case, proves that I am not entirely crazy. :)

Comments

~lauren.

__Morgana__

Kristin

Rating Scale:
90-100 – Love it. Must order this one again.
75-90 – Pretty good. Maybe I’ll order it again.
60-75 – It’s ok. Drinkable. It’s not my thing, but someone else might love it. Won’t order again.
50-60 – Meh. I wish I hadn’t ordered it, but i’ll finish this cup.
30-60 – Barely drinkable. – Throwing away/giving away the rest of this one.
0-30 – Went down the drain. Too sad to even pass along to friends.

Salt Lake City, UT