drank Throat Comfort by Yogi Tea

I’ve been giving this little teabag package the evil eye for about an hour. I don’t feel good and the thought of anything in my regular collection made my stomach turn a little. Well, the sore throat finally won and I made this tea. It’s not bad at all. I was so worried because there are a couple of kinds of tea in that cold sampler box that are horrid (but work). This one is actually ok, so don’t be afraid. It’s licorice-y (which I don’t like so much but not overpowering) and gingery. And weirdly makes my throat feel better.

Update – dropping my rating as I don’t like it as much as it cools and there is a weird pile of cruft at the bottom of the mug. I don’t dig cruft,

gmathis

I wish there was a throat thing that didn’t have nasty licorice in it.

Kristin

maybe it’s the secret ingredient?

Angrboda

In herbal medicine licorice has a beneficial effect on the respiratory system, so I think most herbal teas that claim to be ‘throat tea’ will have licorice in it. It seems a logical choice for a throat soother.

gmathis

I always joke that my tongue feels like I’ve licked a glue stick after I have licorice—-which would explain its throat-coat properties.

Comments

gmathis

I wish there was a throat thing that didn’t have nasty licorice in it.

Kristin

maybe it’s the secret ingredient?

Angrboda

Rating Scale:
90-100 – Love it. Must order this one again.
75-90 – Pretty good. Maybe I’ll order it again.
60-75 – It’s ok. Drinkable. It’s not my thing, but someone else might love it. Won’t order again.
50-60 – Meh. I wish I hadn’t ordered it, but i’ll finish this cup.
30-60 – Barely drinkable. – Throwing away/giving away the rest of this one.
0-30 – Went down the drain. Too sad to even pass along to friends.

Salt Lake City, UT