drank Hot Cinnamon Spice by Harney & Sons

Brought this home for the weekend and added brown sugar. Didn’t really add anything. More importantly, I have figured out how to make tea brewed with microwave water taste like it is supposed to taste. I heat the water in my mug then pour it into my press. I make sure to pour it so that it splashes against the glass. This puts the oxygen back in the water so I get full flavor. My kettle at work is still faster but I have conquered the microwave.

gmathis

Saw an episode of Good Eats with Alton Brown some years back that suggested throwing a wooden chopstick in your cup when you microwave your tea water—-helps the water oxidize, and I do believe it works.

LiberTEAS

The chopstick will also help to break the surface tension so that it can achieve a bubbly boil, rather than super-hot water that might explode all over you when you remove it from the microwave.

@gmathis – I love Alton Brown, Good Eats is my favorite show on food network.

ashmanra

Good to know!

K S

You would think the patina (as I prefer to think of it) on my cup would be enough tension breaking surface but apparently not! Saw an episode of Alton a while back about chocolate that was really good. Love Food Network.

Comments

gmathis

LiberTEAS

@gmathis – I love Alton Brown, Good Eats is my favorite show on food network.

ashmanra