Another one of ‘those’ teas that has changed my perceptions. I used to think I didn’t much care for straight green and that they were all alike – they all taste like grass. What a difference a year makes. This stuff is amazing. I think I originally thought this smelled like vegetables. Today it quickly turned to buttered popcorn without the guilt or the salt. I gave up trying to figure out how to measure the leaf. I just get a scoop and then grab a small handful more and toss in. Looks like a forest floating in my press. Maybe there are better versions out there, but honestly, I don’t care. This is awesome tea.

Scatterbrain

This stuff reminded me of a Japanese green tea but softer on the vegetal aspect, more buttery, and without the bitterness. I loved it too, and I don’t know about you but I’ve found that this one is best when brewed with low temperature water for no more than a minute and a half. This tea taught me to appreciate how brewing delicately can result in the best drinking experience, where before I always wanted a strong cup.

Bonnie

I love your ’throw caution to the wind…get naked and drink tea attitude to brewing this tea and just enjoying it! Fantastic! The whole point right there!

MegWesley

I love your method of measuring out leaf. My method is slowly turning out that way since I am still trying to figure out a good ratio of leaf to water.

K S

@Kwinter – agreed on the lower temps and time for this one. I forgot on the second cup and got it too hot. Not near as good as it could have been
@Bonnie – LOL, literally. You made my day with that reply. Always glad to know there are others out there that get it.
@MegWesley – I am careful to measure most of my teas but some of them (like this one) are kind of difficult to judge and they just seem to demand over indulging with the leaf.

Comments

Scatterbrain

Bonnie