drank Bailin Gongfu Black Tea by Teavivre

I got a buzz on the intercom this morning. I was told to get some tea brewed as donuts were on the way. Custard filled, chocolate covered, I know its bad, but its oh so good donuts. This tea came to mind. The smell of dark chocolate/cocoa filled the air before the bakery box arrived. My new to tea co-worker was impressed with this one and with the Chinese for their brilliance in coming up with this stuff.

I tried, fellow Splenda junkies, not to add it to the cup. I really did try. As I noted the first time I had this one, I don’t think it comes alive until the sweetener hits it. Rather than put up with mediocre according to my tastebuds, I decided to go for awesome by getting honest with myself and ripping the top off the yellow packet. Judge me if you must. I don’t care the tea and the donut were great.

ashmanra

No judging here. Can I have a donut now?

Bonnie

Pass the box and the Splenda!

K S

Should I put another pot on? What am I saying, of course I should.

SimplyJenW

I am just going with my Splenda. I was at the end of a Sam’s Club sized box, and revisited honey, stevia, agave nectar, sugar, etc., but am heading out to buy another jumbo box of Splenda soon. I am at the point that I just want to enjoy myself drinking the tea rather than agonizing over the additions. Luckily, it is getting warmer (which means iced tea, my no-additions to the iced, friend!), and there are tons of greens and oolongs that I like plain. I decided the better way was to not replace as many of the teas that need sweetening as I use them up, and just replace my top picks.

Bonnie

No, you’re going to go get the donuts!

Comments

ashmanra

No judging here. Can I have a donut now?

Bonnie

Pass the box and the Splenda!

K S

Should I put another pot on? What am I saying, of course I should.

SimplyJenW

Bonnie

No, you’re going to go get the donuts!

My Rating System