Since I am not working, I have been going with my wife on Thursdays paying bills and buying groceries. I now understand why my wife thinks I am trapped in at least a 20 year old time loop. Wow, the world has gotten expensive. Should have been a 35 year old time loop – the music was better.

The weather was gorgeous this morning. Perfect for sipping on a sweet icy tea drink. I get this skinny without the whipped cream. Today it was too heavy on the syrup and too light on the matcha powder but refreshing none the less.

Now I am off to a meeting to learn to federalize my resume. I believe it is mostly pointless. I know how to write a resume. The problem is I need some skills updating. I can’t get that until fall. Why am I going? My Voc Rehab counselor says it will be good for me. When did she become my mother? My meeting is an hour away, so I guess I am not going to get real tea again today. sigh.

Reading back, I sound a little gripe-y but I really am not. I just want good tea.

gmathis

I am not the regular family shopper, so when I go along for the ride, there’s always some serious sticker shock.

TeaBrat

Good luck, looking for a job is painful, I hope you enjoy some of your free time if possible.

K S

The toys I am interested in, like guitars, telescopes, and computers, I have kept track of what they cost. Ground beef and toilet paper, while both are important :) i really didn’t care what they cost. Until now. Steak?!?! Holy, never gonna buy it again, Batman!

K S

Amy oh – thanks. It wasn’t a complete waste but not the eye opening revelation my counselor tried to convince me it would be. Stopped at a little car hop joint on the way home and had a nice tenderloin & fries. Good eats on a beautiful evening. Life is good.

gmathis

Guitars are outrageous. Hubby builds from kits and even unfinished parts price lists make me woozy. And brand name cereal? Ay-yi-yi.

K S

I bought an outrageously expensive guitar about 6 years ago for about 1/3 list. I may have had to eat a lot of food in a white box with blue letters but I have not regretted owning my personal version of Excalibur and I learned I actually like generic Cheerios better than the real thing.

CHAroma

I don’t mind the gripe. Everyone’s entitled to good tea! I’ve been known to gripe quite a bit on here myself. ;) Good luck with the job hunt!

Comments

gmathis

TeaBrat