I had a tamale, rice, and refried beans for lunch. Of course there were the obligatory chips and heavily cilantro laced salsa (Mmmmm). Oh yeah, and the necessary side of queso… And two tall glasses of whatever iced tea they served.

I have been craving puerh for days. This afternoon it is necessary. I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.

A 2 minute steep produces a beautiful dark rich, red tinted, cup. The scent is horse tack and the taste is smooth, sweet, hay, fruit, and leather. I had forgotten how good this is. Perfection in a mug.

Time for my siesta? sí (I feel so multi-cultural, lol)

Nudging the rating upward.

Shelley_Lorraine

mmm, Mexican food. tamales and rice and ‘re-chewed beans’ (as my family has so fondly named them). And all I have planned for dinner is some kind of boring noodle dish. :(

K S

re-chewed beans is far kinder than how my wife (who hates them) refers to them. They can’t be good for you but who cares!

We were planning on meatloaf and smashed potatoes for supper. I suspect there is a PBJ in my near future instead.

mrmopar

Cilantro + salsa= good! Always have to use a bunch of it when I make my salsa.

K S

I made freezer salsa for a couple years but it turns watery. Never have tried a hot bath method. I grew my own tomatoes and cilantro. Tried growing serreno peppers but didn’t have the touch.

Comments

Shelley_Lorraine

mrmopar

Cilantro + salsa= good! Always have to use a bunch of it when I make my salsa.

My Rating System