drank Golden Monkey Black Tea by Teavivre

I have a bunch of Taiwan samples from Teavivre waiting that need reviews and in fact I have started tasting them (incredible so far) but I got sidetracked. My intention today was to experiment with new ways of preparing various comfort teas. Like my plan to get started early that didn’t happen either. As I started for the den I was contemplating a frozen chai. Then lapsong souchong popped in my head like a dog spotting a squirrel. As I dug into the pile I hit Golden Monkey and my knees quivered. This is better than a squirrel.

I believe this is still the only 100 I have given and I still mean it. The only way this could possibly be improved upon is if it were an Earl Grey (kidding – sort of – don’t shoot me), but I can’t imagine doing that to this leaf. I am snacking on a bowl of dry mini wheats and it has intensified the malty grainy even wine like characteristics of this most glorious of teas.

With one little scoop I can easily get 36 ounces of tea that improves with each cup. I may not make it to the oolongs or comfort teas today. I think the monkey on my back is completely in love with the monkey in my mug.