So I think my tea tasting of this one is plagued or something. I used the whole sample – something I almost never do – I prepared this in a 12 oz mug and the sample was mostly one intact piece. I should have used half. Then I went with the website directions instead of the label. 3-10 minutes is way too long for the steep. I went with 4. I had to add sweetener, something I would eventually do anyway, but it was necessary here to try and tame the harsh edges. The second mug I tried to do a 15 second steep but I haven’t soaked my press screen in a while and when I neglect doing so it develops a tea resin build that makes the holes in the screen so small it creates a vacuum and won’t pour properly. So once I realized what was happening I pushed the plunger down on the press breaking the seal and so the steep ended up being about 30 seconds. The brew is dark. Not quite molasses but close. At least the taste is not harsh. Now I can tell this is leather and wood with cinnamon notes. It is not bitter or astringent. Pleasant, drinkable, but I know it is capable of better. Later I may try using the leaves again as they show no sign of giving up. If all else fails I have another sample. Right now it reminds me of the cute little straight ripened toucha. I prefer the rose one as I think the rose knocks the rough edges off the cup without really adding any flavor.