drank Bolder Breakfast by The Tea Spot

This has a lot of reviews and I am not sure I can add anything new but that won’t stop me from trying. I opened this expecting a basic black breakfast so imagine my surprise at the pretty yellow petals, whatever they are, and CHOCOLATE! I wrote on my blog this must be the breakfast tea dad would serve ‘cause mom wouldn’t let me have chocolate first thing in the morning. This is more of a grown up take on the flavoring. It is well behaved. The brew is not messy or cloudy as chocolate teas tend to be. The chocolate flavor is light and melts into the tea blend. The pu’erh is the only one I can single out as it has a mild earthy taste. Not bitter or astringent. Half the caffeine of a cup of coffee. That I can’t single the other teas out is as close to a complaint as I have – it is almost too perfectly blended. But for too perfect it is darn tasty.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
ifjuly

this sounds really nice. chocolate for breakfast makes me feel like a spoiled special kid at my aunt’s house ’cause my mom never let me have sweet stuff for breakfast either, ha.

gmathis

My mom’s theory was that eating SOMETHING before I left for school, regardless, was preferable to running off on an empty stomach. I had Chef Boy R Dee ravioli for breakfast a lot.

K S

I never really understood the candy restriction. I mean we ate super frosted sugar bombs cereal and doughnuts so what is the difference? Never tried ravioli for breakfast. Sounds…. different. :)

Cheri

I love soup for breakfast

Comments

ifjuly

gmathis