I started today with my usual green tea powder frap and then a breathing treatment. I sound like Darth Vader when they broke him at the end of Episode IV. I guess that is better than the gasping martians of yesterday but not great. Called the clinic to find out what happened to one of my prescriptions – turns out someone forgot to hit send. Drove to town. Wife went in to pick it up for me. Now I am steeping this up thinking it is probably a good idea to mix puerh with antibiotics. We’ll see.

20 second steep. This one is another very nice tea. The wet leaf scent is kind of strong but there is nothing off in the cup. Kind of dusty with a light bite and plenty of old leather and loam or a woodsy taste. There is also a fruity or floral note way in the back. It becomes very smooth if you add just a bit of sweetener.

I am not good at describing the subtle differences between various similar puerhs. I do know what I like when I taste it, and this, I like.

Stephanie

I know what you mean, it is hard to describe puerh tastes. Especially shu I think. Hope you feel better soon, btw.

Cheri

Oh you sound like you feel awful. I hope it clears up soon. I had a bronchitis that needed multiple rounds of antibiotics earlier this year. (At least it didn’t turn in to pneumonia.)

The tea sounds good. Enjoy it!

Cwyn

Ripes tend to taste more alike to me, in fact I am usually looking for another taste to stick out from the sameness.

Feel better!

K S

Cheri/boychik, I actually feel fine, just don’t have any air – seems kind of important :)

Cwyn,to me there are a few broad taste categories in ripe – different types of leather, mushroom/woodsy/earth, etc. Describing what makes each taste different from the others is much harder to define.

boychik

I like your sense of humor. Btw I wanted to mention that some sheng with camphore/eucalyptus / menthol notes really helps me. I have allergies.

K S

Sheng is the direction I was headed today but, well, shiny objects, you know. At the last moment I though shu might help more with the damage done to the stomach by antibiotics. So far it seems to have help greatly. Guess I need two pots going.

Comments

Stephanie

Cheri

The tea sounds good. Enjoy it!

Cwyn